For many years, Lewis, Rice & Fingersh has been one of the leading law firms in Missouri providing legal services to health care clients.
In recent years, our health care practice group has expanded in response to the growing needs of its clients which include health insurers, integrated health systems and networks, hospitals, academic medical centers, managed care organizations (PPOs and HMOs), long-term care facilities, physicians and physician organizations, ancillary service and medical equipment providers, and other physician initiatives. We also counsel clients from for-profit, nonprofit and governmental organizations, and the special needs of each are addressed.
Our health care practice group has extensive experience with virtually every business and legal issue confronting the health care industry, including general corporate matters, regulatory compliance and corporate compliance programs, system and network development, managed care contracting and administration, medical staff organization and bylaws, third party billing and claims management, managed care and insurance law, defense of federal claims, policy development, labor and employment issues, antitrust law, information technology and operational issues.
Legal services provided to our health care clients also include traditional corporate, real estate, tax, labor and litigation matters specific and unique to their need and sometimes include:
* Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures;
* Corporate reorganizations and joint ventures;
* Provider licensing issues;
* Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement;
* Corporate compliance program development and implementation;
* Health care vendor and service contracts;
* Certificate of need issues;
* Antitrust counseling;
* HIPAA and other privacy issues;
* Health care policy and procedure development;
* Medical consents, advance directives and other issues of patient care;
* Medical litigation;* Risk