The firm´s health care practice group represents hospitals, health care systems, managed and group practices, nursing homes and state hospital agencies throughout the county with respect to health care legal issues.
Mr. Cohen is the senior partner in the firm’s health care practice group. He serves as engagement partner for many of the firm’s largest health care clients. His practice focus is on health care transactions, particularly those involving hospitals and physician practices. Mr. Cohen has served as lead transaction counsel in multiple hospital-physician joint ventures and other forms of hospital-physician integration throughout the country. He also has represented parties in transactions involving the acquisition and/or merger of hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers and many other types of health care providers. In addition, he has been counsel in multiple engagements involving the acquisition of physician practices. Mr. Cohen is listed in the 2010 edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. He is admitted to practice in Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois and the U.S. Tax Court.
* Transaction counsel for structuring of hospital-physician joint ventures to own and operate ambulatory surgery centers, endoscopy centers, diagnostic imaging centers, radiation therapy centers, sleep labs, cardiovascular services facilities, whole and specialty hospitals and other clinical providers.
* Transaction counsel for formation of specialty spine hospital with nonprofit hospital and physician investors.
* Counsel for acquisition of multiple imaging centers by hospital-radiologist joint venture entity.
* Counsel to large, multi-specialty physician practice for formation of joint venture with publicly traded hospital company to purchase and operate a general hospital.
* Counsel to nonprofit health system with respect to multi-state disposition of hospitals to another nonprofit system.